Junior Design Engineer
About the Position
Trademark is an artist-lead, design and build studio that specializes in placemaking, public art, and design for the built environment. We are passionate about storytelling, material exploration, and creating environments that inspire, cultivate connection and instill a sense of wonder and curiosity. Our eclectic team of creators and makers is looking for a junior design engineer to join our development team.
Our ideal candidate is innately creative and curious and equally excited about form as they are about function. If you often find yourself looking at an object and think, “they should have considered x or should have incorporated y into this design”, keep reading.
Our design engineers serve as the bridge between initial concepts and reality, fueled by the challenge of transforming ideas and into something buildable. They have a deep understanding of materials and their unique properties, as well as the fabrication and assembly methods of woods, metals, and plastics. Their extreme attention to detail and unique ability to find solutions to complex problems play an integral role in our project successes.
As a design engineer you will use rendering software such as Fusion360 to take 2 dimensional sketches or graphic concepts into the 3 dimensional realm. You will stay hands-on throughout your projects, conducting small tests, and creating samples and prototypes to test fabrication or installation methods.
Other day-to-day duties may include creating or reviewing work orders, formulating estimates, setting up production files, project coordination, ordering materials, or assisting team members with other fabrication or installation tasks. From giant sculptural animals and figures scaling rooftops and parking garages; to environmental branding components such as recognition walls, custom displays, and architectural signage, the projects we work on at Trademark vary in scale and complexity.
Junior Design Engineer Qualifications
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Seeking full-time employment (40 hrs/week)
- 2+ years of industrial design, product design or technical design experience
- Experience in creating presentations and technical drawings for proposed concepts
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Fusion 360 or Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor
- Basic knowledge of materials, substrates, hardware and assembly methods
- Experience in prototyping or model-making
- Ability to thrive in fast or high-pressured situations
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Flexible and open-minded
- Coachable, collaborative, and a team player
- Growth mindset
Here’s What We’re Offering You:
- Competitive wage, based upon skills and experience
- Company sponsored health benefits and paid time off*
- 401k savings program with annual Company matching*
- Bicycle/Walk to work incentives
- Flexible work schedule
- Convenient location, close to downtown Boise and the Greenbelt
- Inclusive, friendly and relaxed working environment
- Access to studio and machines after hours*
- (*) Eligible after first 90 days of employment
How To Apply
Here’s What We Need From You
Cover Letter: Tell us a little about yourself, and why you’re excited to work for Trademark. Keep it brief, but interesting.
Resume: We’re looking for interesting people with diverse experiences, and an enduring passion for creating. Obviously, we want the essentials: your related experience, a detailed employment history, and a few solid references—but please include other things you’ve deemed worthy of your time and energy.
How to Apply: We’re looking for a team player who is fueled by the desire to learn, is coachable, and has a growth mindset. A college degree is secondary to experience, ability, and mindset. We’re willing to invest and train the right candidate. Think you might be up for the challenge? Please email your resume, cover letter, portfolio link/examples of past work, and three references to email@example.com.